jueves, 8 de noviembre de 2018

Regex madness

I'm a big fan of regexes, the problems they solve, and the problems they create. It reminds me of Perl :p

Lately I've encountered a couple of very twisted uses of them worth a post.

First of all is a very nasty way of using the regex engine as a sintactic transformer that ends up validating arithmetic operations. Totally nuts.


Second one is a kind of "sed for power users". It's about internals of sed at a user level (as strange as it seems).


After reading drregex post I started hunting for that Abigail's slides on how to solve sudoku using regexes.


And here is Brian d Foy explaining how to parse json with a single regex.


Last one is my metaII bootstrapping parser. A single regex to bootstrap the metacompiler. I guess it also counts as crazyish.

No hay comentarios: