lunes, 23 de diciembre de 2019

Do not delete tmux dead panes

I've been using tmux for about a year. tmux-fingers and the feature that I helped add of instant pasting was what triggered the move.

Even I can't exactly replicate my screen workflow in tmux, I'm more than happy with the tradeoff.

Here's a nice option I didn't know about tmux: "remain-on-exit"

By default, tmux (like screen) kills the panes (or frames, or windows, or however they are called) when the process inside them dies. And usually, that's what you want.

But there's a case when you probably don't want this: "parallell --tmux"

I use GNU parallel as much as I can. I find it an awesome tool. Very hacker friendly and composable with everything you're already doing.

So I was recently using it to build packages for multiple distros. The command was something like  "parallel ./packager.sh --tmux {} ::: alpine ubuntu".  But when the processes finish (both successfully or not), the pane disappears, and doesn't let you review and debug the outputs.

Setting "set-option -g remain-on-exit on" on tmux, leaves every pane opened for your inspection.


1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

If you're trying to lose fat then you certainly need to start using this brand new custom keto meal plan.

To design this service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs united to provide keto meal plans that are productive, decent, economically-efficient, and delightful.

Since their launch in 2019, thousands of people have already completely transformed their figure and well-being with the benefits a certified keto meal plan can offer.

Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover eight scientifically-certified ones offered by the keto meal plan.