martes, 17 de mayo de 2011

Ratpoison bindings without prefix key

My window manager of choice is ratpoison. It's a really minimalist tiling wm heavily inspired by gnu screen. As such, it has a prefix key (c-t by default) and most of the bindings mimic screen ones.

At work, I recently discovered that my boss uses ratpoison too (my project manager uses xmonad, great team, isn't it). He uses ratpoison with a different configuration scheme, banishing prefix key, and using definekey at toplevel for every command.

I'm not sure whether I like this configuration or not, but I'm going to try this for a few days, and see if it works ok or what. I've written some lines to enable toplevel bindings using the super key.

Avoiding c-t as a prefix key has its advantages, but now, 'super' key chords are all clobbered by ratpoison. We'll see how it works out.

No hay comentarios: