lunes, 14 de mayo de 2012

CompGuile. Compile guile in ubuntu

Guile is the Gnu Scheme implementation and official extension language for gnu apps. Let alone most gnu apps disregard this rule. I always found guile a good companion because it was easily instalable in all my linux boxes.

 The other day I tried to install a newer version to work with geiser (and because I had been reading some nice things related to new versions on Wingo's blog), but the installing process wasn't as simple as ./configure && make install. Mostly my fault, because I just needed many *-dev packages that were not present in my box. But after installing gmp and some other easy-to-find libs, I got stuck into "No package 'bdw-gc' found". As jao put in a mail in guile maillist,

"You can tell configure where BDW is located by setting the above
mentioned environment variables. With libgc-dev installed from a deb, i
routinely do (in a bash prompt):

  $ BDW_GC_CFLAGS=-L/usr/lib BDW_GC_LIBS=-lgc ./configure
"   

No hay comentarios: