martes, 10 de octubre de 2017

How to Develop a Perfect Memory

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2691332-how-to-develop-a-perfect-memory

Another 'mind hack' book. The original book from Dominic O'Brien (memory champion) where it explains his dominic system and gives tricks and hints on how to apply it to several domains.

It's nice that most of the chapters and tricks use the same core rules, where you have to initially memorize 100 people by their initials, and associate 100 actions to each one of these people.  Then you create funny images on a chain of known places using people and the actions.

I've read it and for now I'm only applying to raw memorization of numbers, like phone numbers, credit card numbers and time schedules for buses and trains.

Those techniques are quite useful, and honestly, not hard to use (at least, getting to the "ok plateau"), but I find that this doesn't help much when remembering APIS, or complex entangled fuzzy concepts. Now I'm reading this fuzzy logic, and also I'm continuing "Exploring the world of lucid dreaming", that I started long time ago, in another of my regular rampages of self-hacking I had many years ago.

No hay comentarios: